Friday, April 17, 2009

The Level 2, and we're halfway there...

So Tuesday was the appointment for the much anticipated level 2 sonogram. It was the first sonogram at the high-risk doctor that DH would see, because they always schedule me for such inconvenient times.

Most people use this appointment to find out what the gender of their baby is. After alot of, "should we, shouldn't we," we ultimately decided once and for all that we will absolutely not find out, and wait for the surprise of a lifetime when this baby joins the world.

The actual purpose of the appointment is to make sure that the baby has all appropriate organs in place, to measure the head, lips, extremeties and to check for any markers for down syndrome. They also measure the amount of fluid and check the cervix.

Our little angel was a little stubborn and kept her hands in front of her face almost the whole time. The sono tech had to keep wiggling my belly, had me empty my bladder, wiggled around some more. I think the baby was sleeping, because she usually is jumping around like a little lunatic and this time she just wanted to be left alone.

So after the sonogram we met with the doctor. His exact words were, "everything looks AWESOME. I can't even use another word to describe it!" The hematoma is not even an issue as it's completely dissolved at this point. There were no markers for down syndrome. All the measurements were perfect. I could not have been happier. I finally feel like I can stop worrying (a little) and now just go with the flow, get things done that need to be done and wait for this munchkin to make his or her appearance!!! We are so excited and really cannot wait!


On a side note-I want to send a special congratulations to a friend, and throw tons of sticky dust her way!!!!!!! I'm praying everything continues to go well!