Tuesday, November 25, 2008

SA and Water Sono.....Check!

Sunday was DH's Semen Analysis. Everything went smoothly and we'll get the results back in about a week. I'm sure everything is fine, though, because he was tested once before and it was normal, and everything looked good when we did the IUI.

We also signed and had witnessed all of our consent forms on Sunday. I was instructed to bring them all in with me on Monday when I go in for my BW and Sono.

Yesterday was the water sonogram. My appointment was at 3:45 and I got there about 10 minutes early. While I was waiting for the doctor, the receptionist brought me in the back and set me up with the woman in charge of billing, and I wrote them a check for the full amount of this IVF cycle. That woman informed me that my medications will be ordered today (Tuesday!) so I should get them tonight or tomorrow.

Once all of that was done, I was brought into the exam room and told to empty my bladder and remove everything from the waste down. That was nothing unusual. The nurse also had me sign a consent form. Fine.

Then the doctor came in. He said that they are looking at two things.

#1- whether or not a catheter is easily inserted into my cervix (ouch.)
Basically- this is how they will be transferring the embryos, therefore- it needs to be relatively easy.

#2- whether or not I have any "lumps or bumps" on/in my uterus that may interfere with implantation.

So- first he inserted the speculum- which is NEVER fun. I had to concentrate so hard on not flexing my muscles down there (unintentionally) so as not to push it out. I hate those things.

Then he used iodine to clean off my cervix. This just felt a little scratchy- but not bad. Like a pap smear, kind of.

Once that was done, He inserted the catheter. It went in nicely, so that was good. This is where it started getting uncomfortable. He poured saline into the catheter to fill up my uterus so they could get a good picture and make sure there are no polyps or anything. It was cool to see my uterus blow up like a balloon, but it was a very weird sensation and not comfortable at all. He said my uterus looked perfect and then pulled out the catheter. Once it was out it felt like someone was clawing out my insides. I was waddling a little bit and was very sore. I am so glad it is over with.

I am on day #8 of birth control pills. I go until Friday and then Saturday and Sunday I take nothing. On Monday I go in for my baseline BW and Sono, and then as long as everything looks good, I should be starting stims!!

That's all for now- i'll update in a couple of days.